Monday, July 21, 2008

Uh Oh. I Did It Again.


well. nuff said, huh? Thanks to Kelly and Gina, I'm headed to Austin. Peer pressure sucks. Guess I'd better get over the workout blues!

I actually had a good run today (before I knew I was going to Austin). That made 5 whole days in a row of running! Holy crap! That's a record for June-July! Haha! I'll be okay. I needed to go through the "rest" period after Florida. I burned out pretty bad - and with all the summer races going on, I just didn't have time to relax. I DID relax, though... and used the races as workouts. I felt pretty good at times during all of them, but my times reeeeaaaaaaallllly sucked compared to last year. A couple of weeks ago I did Blacktail. That dang hill KILLED ME. I was going so slow up it I hit some gravel, spun my wheel and FELL OVER! So, with a scuffed up knee and a little blood running down my shin, I said #%^@ it and walked up the rest of it. I DID NOT CARE that I was getting passed by every mountain bike in the world. Ha!

So... after a couple of weeks of R&R in Island Park, I'm ready to get busy again. I've got to get my biking legs. Period. I don't know if it's the herniated discs in my back or what but my leg strength is soooo bad right now. I have a tremendous amount of atrophy going on in my quads. And this has been going on for about a year - even with all the training I did for Florida. It's quite frustrating! I'm going to have to hit the weights in the "off season" (what's that?) and see if I can restore some of what I know I should have.

Since I'm doing Longhorn, I've decided not to do a marathon this year. However.... next year's goal:

Ha Ha! And I'm serious. Kelly and Gina are going to owe me!

I'm off to McCall, Boise and Twin Falls to do three concussion presentations in the next week. I'll workout! I promise!

Ta ta.

No comments: